Wednesday, September 27, 2023

 A sample sticker bag for those who may want one. This envelope measures about 5x3 which is as large as I would go, preferably slightly smaller. This is just an example of the rules. You can make your rules slightly different such as ‘take 2, add 4’ or ‘take 3, add 6’. One bag I saw recently had the rule ‘take as many as you want, add in same amount plus 1’ which I thought was pretty cool. I really strongly dislike rules such as ‘take 0, add x amount’. To me that isn’t playing fair and I will not play those bags and I will always ask who I am sending to if they will take it or not and if not, then it can sit a good long while. I also am not a fan of specific bags such as ‘birds only’ or ‘cats only’ because they exclude players along the way. Labels are added if you would like the person the bag was for to make you a sticker bag to send out when theirs returns home. The bags themselves can be as decorative as you wish or just plain. For me, part of the fun is seeing the creativity people have in making the bags. I have seen bags in envelopes such as this one, handmade envelopes as well as small plastic bags. With the plastic bag ones, people have created a sturdy paper slip in with all the rules etc on. I dislike plastic so I use paper envelopes. I have also seen where the owner of the bag will send the person who returns the bag home something in the mail such as a few stickers or something else from that person’s profile. Sticker bags and such can be fun but fair warning, they can take a long time to travel. The more signers you leave room for, the longer your bag will be in circulation. Also, lots never return home sadly, so be prepared for that possibility. 




These same examples also apply to stamp bags. I am not familiar with other bags such as memo bags and such so I cannot comment on those but I assume they are similar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment